People get stressed every day, especially with how fast the world is changing. When this stress piles up, it may be hard to deal with it. One of the best ways to remove stress is to find a quiet place and meditate. Or better yet, you can actually hasten the process by using an eye pillow.
You may not be familiar with an eye pillow but it is actually a healing tool that anyone can use. It helps in relaxation by removing your pent-up stress and helping you achieve a sense of peace. It can even help you gain some relief from common colds and headaches.
Research says, applying light pressure on the eyeballs lowers heart rate by prompting oculocardiac reflex. (Wiki oculocardiac reflex for more details)
Eye pillows come in various styles, designs and type of fabric. And different fillers. Rice, wheat, linseed are some of the most common types of eye pillow fillings. Dried flowers like lavender, dried herbs can also be used to fill eye pillows.
So how do you use an eye pillow? Here are some of the ways you can use them:
- You can use your eye pillow to help you sleep at night if you are having troubles with your sleeping patterns by wearing one over your eyes like a regular eye mask or you can wear it around your forehead.
- You can also use it when you are meditating so that you feel more relaxed.
- Use the eye pillow anytime you feel stressed out, nervous or just feeling blue. Just put it over your eyes or your forehead and let it work its magic on its own.
Here are some of the benefits you can get from having an eye pillow.
- Since most eye pillows have essential oils inside mixed with herbs, it can help in resting and calming your mind.
- It can help in freshening your vision and even revitalizing it, especially when your eyes feel very tired.
- If you had too much exposure to your computer screen, television screen or mobile phone, using an eye pillow will help in sedating your nerves to relax both your mind and body.
- Can be used as hot compress by microwaving it for 10-15 seconds depending on your eye pillow fillings or cold compress by refrigerating your eye pillow.
So if you think using an eye pillow would be good to you, go and find the right one now! Grab yours and enjoy the benefits eye pillows can give you.
Lavender pillow mist is a must try for your eye pillow.